Our OwnZone project, follows the ContinYou Cymru model of offering a flexible out-of-school-hours learning (oshl) provision that includes a ‘safe place to be’ for young people aged 11 to 16.
Our OwnZone project enables us to:
- provide age-appropriate out-of-school-hours childcare for 11 to 16 year olds
- offer a range of oshl activities
- engage young people and give a sense of‘ownership’ or ‘belonging’ to those involved
- focus on young people and meet their need to ‘just hang out’
- raise aspirations, attainment and achievement
- support families to work
- offer fun activities.
We currently run OwnZone activities in Bryngwyn School and St John Lloyds Catholic School.
Click here to download an information pack about OwnZone (PDF)